When you visit our webpages, cookies will be placed on your computer’s hard drive, tablet or mobile device (collectively referred to as “device”). Cookies and the information retrieved by cookies may contain personal data. Personal data is information that can be used to, directly or indirectly, identify you as an individual. The following potentially personal data may be collected by cookies: date and time of ad delivery to a visitor, the IP-address, postal code, region and country of a visitor, language setting, the type of browser, operating system used and connection speed, status of a visitor (unknown, accepting or not accepting cookies), the web page address(es) where the ad has been delivered, and administered clicks on ads.
To the extent that the data referred to above constitutes personal data within the meaning of the general data protection regulation, we will act as a data controller with respect to the processing of such data.
We maintain safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personally identifiable information in our control. This ensures that personally identifiable information is protected against loss and unlawful processing and unnecessary processing.
MORE ON COOKIES
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you, to optimize the content, functioning and organization of the websites when you visit them. The cookie is sent to your browser and it is stored on your device. When you visit the websites, we will collect information from you automatically through cookies.
We also use pixels and ad tags. Pixels are a technology that identifies cookies and facilitates for third parties to save cookies on your device. The use of pixels gives us information about what you have viewed on the websites and how you have used the sites. The pixels will make assumptions about your interests and preferences and add you to groups based on those assumptions, in order to show you targeted advertising. For example, if you look at a webpage about skiing you may be attributed to a group for people interested in skiing, and then you may receive advertisements for skiing equipment.
Ad tags are based on a technology that gives us information about the size and placing of advertisements in relation to how efficient the advertisement is.
Journeco uses different types of cookies.
Essential cookies are used where required for the functioning of our websites and to provide you with any services that you have requested. If you set your browser to block essential cookies, the website will not function properly, and we will not even be able to save your cookie settings.
Functional cookies are used to remember your settings, for instance preferred choice of language, cookie settings, contact details that you submitted to us etc.
Marketing cookies are third-party cookies that collect data about how you use the websites (which links you click etc.) to analyze how you use the website with the purpose of providing you with targeted advertisements. This is one of our most important objectives: to display advertisements from our advertising networks that are relevant to you. Our main supplier of marketing cookies is Platform 161 (if you want to learn more about Platform161, its technology and processing of personal data, please visit https://platform161.com/cookie-and-privacy-policy). Once the data has been collected it will be transferred to Platform 161, who processes the data using the Platform161 technology. The data will be pseudonymized by Platform161 automatically immediately after the transfer. After pseudonymization personal data is processed in a more secure way adhering to the principles of data privacy by design/default and the GDPR preference for technical security measures.
Cookies can be permanent or sessional. Permanent cookies will remain after the browser has been shut down and session cookies will be deleted when the browser is shut down. We use both first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are placed on your device by us when you visit our website. Third-party cookies from others that collect information for personalized advertising and statistics and analysis to create a profile over what sorts of websites the user visits and are interested in. We use a mix of first-party and third-party cookies. You can opt out of Google Analytics and other third-party cookies in the Settings menu.
Both us and sub-suppliers (such as the supplier of Platform161 and of services for analytics) and other third-party partners (such as advertisers and their sub-suppliers) may place cookies on your device when you visit our webpages.
We place cookies for every advertisement that collects the following purposes
Targeting and optimization
• To recognize a user ID of the visitor of a webpage.
• As part of the targeted advertisement serving process.
• To collect information about the visitor’s online interaction (over multiple websites) and use that information to build user profiles.
• To maintain a list of ads previously delivered by the technology of our technical partners.
• To remember the number of times the same ad was delivered to a visitor.
Reporting and attribution
• To measure the visits on the webpages to see the number of visits and time spent on each webpage.
• To track and analyze the visits on the webpages to see if the visitor follows links on the landing page and if the visitor makes a purchase from the website to which it was linked, and to collect information about his or her activity online.
• To see from which site the visitor was directed to the webpage.
The information that we retrieve via cookies helps our technology to decide the best and most relevant ad to display to a user.
The technology collects and stores aggregated ad delivery reporting data. This data is used to provide our clients with campaign reporting and used for billing purposes. A typical report includes information about the ads delivered, including the date and time of ad delivery, the websites on which the ads were shown, and statistics on user response. A report also includes statistics about browser types, date and time of ad delivery, and inferred geography.
Online Identifier table
|Identifier||Main processing purpose||Secondary purposes||Type of identifier||TTL / Data Retention||Legal Basis|
|IP||GEO lookup||Fraud detection||IP (pseudonymized)||4 days||For all parts: either consent (provided via publisher/advertiser) and /or legitimate interest|
|UUID||User identification||Behavioral targeting, Prediction||13 months|
|Timestamp||Documentation of activity||1st party cookie (Domain P161, CNAMEd IOW)||13 months|
|Segment ID||Categorization of user IDs||14 days|
|GEO||Location determination of user||4 days|
The summarization describes the type of cookies we place on your device and if the cookies are permanent or sessional. Under ”Data Retention” describes after how many days a permanent cookie will be deleted. Upon the deletion of a cookie, any personal data from that cookie will be deleted simultaneously. The summarization is not exhaustive, but it displays the types of cookies used on our webpages, and its content may vary over time. We will update the table in the event of significant changes.
DEALING WITH COOKIES
You can find a list of all cookies that have been placed on your device in the settings for your browser. You can normally configure the settings to allow or deny and delete cookies from the webpages you visit and from third parties connected to them.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We perform cookie syncing (also known as: user synching, user matching or cookie matching) which is one of the generic methods used in the online advertising space to recognize user IDs across technology vendors like DSP’s, SSP’s and DMP’s.
We will only use personal data for the following purposes:
Storage and access information
• Storage of information or access to such information on your device such as accessing advertising identifiers, and other device identifiers and using cookies.
• Processing of information about your use of this site to subsequently personalize advertising for you in other contexts, i.e. on other sites or apps, over time. The content of the site or app may be used to make inferences about your interests which inform future selections and to possibly build user profiles that enable us to optimize and personalize advertiser campaigns.
Ad selection, delivery, reporting
• Collection of information, and combination with previously collected information, to select and deliver advertisements for you, and to measure the delivery and effectiveness of such advertisements. This includes using previously collected information about your interests to select ads, processing data about what advertisements were shown, how often they were shown, when and where they were shown, and whether you took any action related to the advertisement, including for example clicking an ad or making a purchase.
Content selection, delivery, reporting
• The collection of information, and combination with previously collected information, to select and deliver content for you, and to measure the delivery and effectiveness of such content. This includes using previously collected information about your interests to select content, processing data about what content was shown, how often or how long it was shown, when and where it was shown, and whether the you took any action related to the content, including for example clicking on content.
• The collection of information about your use of the content and ad selection, and combination with previously collected information, used to measure, understand, and report on your usage of the content or ad selection, as the case may be.
SHARING INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA
We collaborate with advertising networks and our main supplier is Platform161. We will share information which may constitute personal data with such suppliers of services for analytics, technical support and similar services).
We may provide copies of log files to advertisers, clients and certain partners relating to the specific transactions they are a party to. These files contain information that allows clients to analyze the effectiveness and performance of their advertising campaign. Our clients also have the ability to use any or all of the information collected in connection with our services for their own purposes. The information provided to our clients does not contain personally identifiable information about you. In cases where we provide information to our customers, they are obliged to use the information they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company, always subject to confidentiality undertakings. We may also share information in the event that we are asked to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
If you want to allow only certain uses or third-parties but not others, you can do so under the Privacy Settings. You can always come back to the Privacy Settings and review your choices later.
Please be advised that the webpage may not be displayed properly if you withdraw your consent.
MORE ON YOUR RIGHTS
We do not make decisions by automated decision making. If you consent to this policy, your personal data may be used for profiling.
You have the right to access personal data about you that we process by requesting a transcript of records.
If any information about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are entitled to rectify the personal data.
As the legal ground for the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may have the right to request that personal data concerning you that you have provided to us will be transmitted to another controller (so called data portability). This requires that the processing is automated and that it is technically possible.
Your rights described in this section are subject to exceptions set out in applicable laws, so your requests may be denied where, for example, we are legally prevented to grant your request.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights (for instance if you want to demand rectification or access your personal data).
You will reach us and our data protection officer by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to Erikbergsgatan 8A, Stockholm
If you have any complaints or concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, you may also lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Inspection Board (Sw: Datainspektionen) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to learn more about cookies, you can read more on the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority’s (Post- och telestyrelsen. PTS). Link to their website